It’s that time of year. Whilst it is still cold outside now, it’s time to prepare for spring camping. The weather starts getting warmer and we all itch to get outdoors and breathe some fresh, springtime air. Now is the perfect time to for pulling out all your camping gear, replacing that old swag and getting everything prepped and ready to disappear for the weekend.
Create some space and do a thorough check. Here is a list of ideas to get you ready for spring:
- is your groundsheet in good condition?
- do you have a quality sleeping bag?
- is your cooking kit in good order? Do you have what you need?
- check the torch – get new batteries if you need them
- make sure you have waterproof matches or a lighter
- a can and bottle opener is a must (you will enjoy that beer once you are set up and hanging around the camp fire)
- check your hiking clothes and gear, buy what you need to update now
- don’t forget your toothbrush and toothpaste
- sunscreen is a must in the Aussie climate
Finally, make sure you inform someone where you are going and how long you expect to be. The Australian bush can be unforgiving, so be prepared with enough food and water for longer than you intend to camp.
Most of all, have fun. After all, that’s what camping is all about.